Save the Date for a Parkside Party!
We are so excited to announce that we have a date for the best party of the year – Parkside’s 30th Anniversary! On Saturday, April 9th, we will celebrate Joe and Claire’s 40+ years of dedication to Montessori education and 30+ years of love, support, and Simple Gifts at Parkside. You won’t want to miss the chance to say thank you to the guests of honor and reconnect with Parksiders from across the years, so make sure to SAVE THE DATE!
Saturday, April 9th
10am-12pm – We’re hosting an Open House on the Parkside campus and all are invited! Come see us down on Slaughter Lane to tour the classrooms, catch up with current and former staffers, and join us in everyone’s favorite Parkside tradition, Simple Gifts! Bring your voices, instruments, and dance moves, and let’s start the day off right – together!
7:30-10pm – To continue the fun, we’re having a party on top of the Austin Central Library, just across the river from the Toomey Road campus. It will be a night of reminiscing and rejoicing with Joe and Claire, as well as raising funds to help sustain their dream for the next 31 years and beyond. Such special people deserve a special night, and your presence will certainly make it so.
Tickets go on sale February 1st – stay tuned for purchase information coming soon!
It takes the whole community to pull off such a big endeavor, and we are looking for helpers of all sorts. Whether or not you are able to join us in person, here are ways you can support this event right now:
– Event donation or corporate sponsorship
– Donate auction items – goods, services, experiences
– Alumni outreach – help spread the word to fellow Parksiders
– Join the planning committee – we’d love to have you!
– “30 Seconds for 30 Years” – this is your opportunity to share a message with Joe and Claire – through photos or video – and we will compile them for presentation at the evening event. Start gathering your Parkside-era memories, and we’ll post instructions for submission in the coming weeks.
If you have questions or would like to help in some way, please contact Courtney Moore, our Head of School. We have been looking forward to this night for an extra long while, and we know it will be a Parkside party to remember. See y’all on April 9th!