IT’S TIME TO AMPLIFY PARKSIDE
This year, for the first time, Parkside is participating in Amplify Austin, a 24-hour day of online giving to Central Texas nonprofits! This is new for us and new for you… we’d like to help you to understand the hows and whys.
Amplify Austin was created by I Live Here I Give Here as a way to increase philanthropy to Austin nonprofits. Amplify Austin has created a web platform that over 500 Austin nonprofits will utilize for their fundraising efforts and it’s all done online March 5 – 6th!
How and Why is Parkside going to utilize Amplify Austin?
In the past Parkside hosted Music Matters, a fundraising gala event to raise money for our Annual Fund. Even though the event was lots of fun, Music Matters takes tremendous time and energy to plan and coordinate and we’ve found that it’s not quite the right match for our community. We still need to fundraise and we are ready to try something new. Amplify Austin will serve as Parkside’s yearly big fundraiser. So it’s that simple – an online platform for you to donate to Parkside, without the big event. We will then save our time and energy to create more events throughout the year that emphasize family fun and community building, like family dances, singing around the campfire, outside movies and more — without the focus on fundraising.
Why should I give?
Funds raised will support the Annual Fund, and provide essential support to families who need tuition assistance. Since our founding, it has been a top priority for Parkside to ensure that as many families as possible have access to this wonderful school. Hundreds of children have benefitted from our scholarship program, and many lives have been transformed as a result of Parkside’s generosity.
How much do we need to raise?
Amplify Austin happens March 5-6, and we need to raise $10,000+ through online donations. We ask you to participate and also spread your love of Parkside by encouraging friends and family to donate.
Help us double your donation!
If we succeed in reaching our goal of $10,000, we’ll receive a generous match grant from a beloved member of our community. That means for every dollar you give, they will match it, increasing the impact of everyone’s donation! Our goal is $10,000, but with this match grant we can make that $20,000 or even more!
How do I make my Amplify Austin donation?
There are 2 ways to participate:
- Donate online between 6pm on March 5 – 6pm on March 6! Let’s see how much can be raised for Parkside in a 24-hour window! We will bombard you with reminders and links so don’t worry!
- Set it and Forget it! You can schedule a gift anytime between now and March 5. Amplify will run your card during Amplify Austin for you, this way you don’t have to worry about remembering. Schedule your donation now!
Here’s how to schedule your donation today:
- Go to Parkside’s profile at amplifyatx.org/parksidecommunityschool
- Click “Donate Now” at the top of the page and you will be taken to the donation cart.
- Fill in your donation amount.
- Check the “Schedule for Amplify Austin Day” box on the donation form. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP! If this is not selected, the donation will run immediately and will not count towards Amplify Austin Day.
- Complete the form and click “Add to Cart.”
- You will be asked to create an account or login. Creating an account allows you track your donations, print receipts, save payment information and is required for scheduling donations. It is also required if you want to set up a fundraiser page on Parkside’s behalf. (You are not required to have an account to simply donate in real time on March 5-6.)
- Proceed to checkout and you’ll receive a confirmation that your donation is scheduled to run on March 5, 2015 as part of Amplify Austin Day.
Thank you for helping Parkside ensure economic and cultural diversity in our programs, and for sharing the gifts of this wonderful school with others!
Don’t miss our Amplify Austin Viewing Party on March 6!
Many organizations come together to watch the results in real-time. Parkside’s viewing party will be March 6th, after school till 6pm. Family, friends and children are welcome to hang out together here at Parkside. Come and join us!
Email or call (512-472-2559) with any questions, we are happy to help!