Parkside’s Be Involved program
There’s a reason that “community” is in our name: Parkside is truly a place where families come together, and where we all pitch in to help our school and our students reach their full potential.
The more involved you are with Parkside, the more you will help to create the best possible experience and education for your child. When you attend parent conferences and classroom parent meetings, you build connection and trust with your child’s teachers. We also highly encourage you to attend our periodic Parent Education events, which focus on topics such as childhood development stages, the Montessori method, and brain development research. Our Simple Gifts gatherings, annual campouts, guitar recitals, and other school-wide events offer wonderful opportunities to get to know other
Parkside families and staff.
Upon enrollment, we ask your family to commit to a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer service per school year through our Be Involved program. Some examples of activities that count toward the 20-hour Be Involved commitment include parent education events, snack shopping, classroom laundry or dusting, and assistance with fundraising and community events, We post upcoming involvement opportunities in our newsletter each week — so remember to check for new listings. Some of the fine print:
- Twenty hours per family (not per child enrolled) are required, though we encourage you to do more if possible.
- The only way your involvement hours can be tracked is through Volgistics. Once you create an account, you can log on to Volgistics by bookmarking the URL or visiting the For Parents section of the Parkside website.
- Involvement hours may or may not equal actual 60-minute hours (see individual assignment notes on Volgistics for details).
- There are opportunities to fulfill your involvement hours after school and on weekends with take-home work.
- Log your involvement hours within 60 days of completion to receive credit for your involvement.
- If your family has committed to 20 annual involvement hours in lieu of paying the $400 fee, but has not completed 20 hours by the end of the school year, Parkside will bill any remaining hours at the rate of $20 per hour.
- For tracking and billing purposes, the current school year runs from August to July.
Direct any questions about the Be Involved program to Elizabeth. We thank you in advance for your help and support, and look forward to being involved with you this year!