Amplify Parkside 2017
Amplify Austin, Amplify Parkside!
In 2015, Parkside Community School began participating in Amplify Austin, a 24-hour day of online giving to Central Texas non-profits. The campaign was created by I Live Here I Give Here in an effort to increase philanthropy in Austin and surrounding areas. All donations are submitted online via a web platform that is utilized by over 600 local non-profit organizations. By changing our annual fundraising event from a traditional gala to this crowd-sourcing model, we were able to reach a wider pool of donors and raise more money at a fraction of the cost of a big event. We have been thrilled with our success in meeting our goals and are excited about the potential for even more success with our continued participation in Amplify Austin.
How and Why is Parkside going to utilize Amplify Austin?
In the past, Parkside hosted a traditional gala event, “Music Matters,” to raise money for our Scholarship Fund. Even though the event was lots of fun, the time, energy, and cost required didn’t quite match up with the return, so we decided to make a shift with two goals in mind: 1) we want our community events to focus more on family and fun and less on fundraising; and 2) we want to raise money more efficiently for our community. In 2015, we gave Amplify Austin a try, and we raised $30,185 plus a $30,000 match totaling $60,185 toward scholarships. In 2016, we raised $47,835 plus a $40,000 match totaling $87,835 toward scholarships!
With that incredible success, we’ve decided that Amplify Austin will continue to serve as Parkside’s main annual fundraiser. It’s a simple way to fundraise – an online platform for you to donate to Parkside, without the cost of a big event. We will save our time and energy to create more events throughout the year that emphasize family fun and community building, like family dances, singing around the campfire, picnics, outside movies and more — without the focus on fundraising.
Why should I give?
In 2015 and 2016, all funds raised went to support our Scholarship Fund and provide essential support to families who need tuition assistance. Since our founding, it has been a top priority for Parkside to ensure that as many families as possible have access to this wonderful school. Hundreds of children have benefitted from our scholarship program, and many lives have been transformed as a result of our community’s generosity. The funds are also used to help our teachers further their education, keeping the Parkside staff progressively ahead of the game!
This year’s fundraising focus is in celebration of Parkside’s 25th Anniversary and the securing of the next 25 years and beyond! In 1991, Joe and Claire created this dream of Montessori education from the heart, and thanks to many of you, the next phase of that dream came true in the form of our beautiful 12-acre campus, which we purchased three years ago. Funds raised during this year’s Amplify Austin campaign will go toward our Simple Gifts Capital Campaign and help us guarantee the future dreams of our Parkside children, families, and staff.
How much do we need to raise?
Amplify Austin is 6 pm Thursday to 6 pm Friday, March 2-3, 2017, and our goal is to raise $100,000 in 24 hours! We are asking each of you to participate and to enlist your friends and family – donations big, small, and in-between can all make a difference! It’s a lofty goal, but we know how generous our community is and how much your experience with Parkside has meant to you, so we can do it!
Double Your Donation!
And here’s the BIG NEWS … Every Dollar You Give Will Be Matched!
A beloved family in our community has generously agreed to match the total amount raised, up to $100,000! So every dollar you give goes twice as far and brings us that much closer to our ultimate goal – ensuring that Parkside will continue to educate and nurture Austin’s children for generations to come. So dig deep, give big, and share the Parkside love!
Parkside Power Hour – Friday, March 3, 11am – 12pm
Amplify Austin provides many incentives during the giving period. Each hour, they give $1,000 to the organization that raises the most dollars in that hour. They also give $1,000 to the organization that has the most unique donors in each hour. Join us in the Parkside Power Hour, Friday, March 3, 11am-12pm. Making your donation during our Power Hour could result in Parkside winning an extra $1,000, which will help cover the small percentage charged for participating in Amplify Austin – a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of a big event!
How do I make my Amplify Austin donation?
There are 2 ways to participate:
- Donate online between 6pm on March 2 – 6pm on March 3! Let’s see how much we can raise for Parkside in a 24-hour window! We will bombard you with reminders and links so don’t worry!
- If you donate between 11am-12pm, Friday, March 3rd, during Parkside’s Power Hour, you can help us win an extra $2,000!
- Set it and Forget it! You can schedule a gift anytime between now and March 2. Amplify will run your card during Amplify Austin for you, and you don’t have to do a thing!
Here’s how to schedule your donation today:
- Go to Parkside’s profile at amplifyatx.org/parksidecommunityschool
- Click “Donate Now” at the top of the page and you will be taken to the donation cart.
- Fill in your donation amount.
- Check the “Schedule for Amplify Austin Day” box on the donation form. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP! If this is not selected, the donation will run immediately and will not count towards Amplify Austin Day.
- Complete the form and click “Add to Cart.”
- You will be asked to create an account or login. Creating an account allows you to track your donations, print receipts, and save payment information, and it is required for scheduling donations. It is also required if you want to set up a fundraiser page on Parkside’s behalf. (You are not required to have an account to simply donate in real time on March 2-3.)
- Proceed to checkout and you’ll receive a confirmation that your donation is scheduled to run on March 3, 2017 as part of Amplify Austin Day!