Amplify Parkside 2016!
IT’S TIME TO AMPLIFY PARKSIDE
Parkside will again participate in Amplify Austin, a 24-hour day of online giving to Central Texas nonprofits! We were blown away by all the love and support from Parkside friends and family last March in our first ever Amplify Parkside effort!
Amplify Austin was created by I Live Here I Give Here as a way to increase philanthropy in Austin. Amplify Austin created a web platform that over 600 Austin nonprofits will utilize for their fundraising efforts. It’s all done online March 8 – 9th!
How and why is Parkside going to utilize Amplify Austin?
In the past, Parkside hosted a fundraising gala event, “Music Matters,” to raise money for our Scholarship Fund. Even though the event was lots of fun, Music Matters took tremendous time and energy to plan and coordinate and we’ve found that it’s not quite the right match for our community. We still need to fundraise and Amplify Austin worked well for us last year. Amplify Austin will again serve as Parkside’s yearly big fundraiser. It’s a simple way to fundraise – an online platform for you to donate to Parkside, without the big event. We will save our time and energy to create more events throughout the year that emphasize family fun and community building, like family dances, singing around the campfire, outside movies and more — without the focus on fundraising.
Why should I give?
Funds raised will support our Scholarship Fund, and provide essential support to families who need tuition assistance. Since our founding, it has been a top priority for Parkside to ensure that as many families as possible have access to this wonderful school. Hundreds of children have benefitted from our scholarship program, and many lives have been transformed as a result of Parkside’s generosity. The funds are also used to help our teachers further their education, keeping the Parkside staff progressively ahead of the game!
How much do we need to raise?
Amplify Austin happens March 8-9, and we need to raise $30,000+ through online donations. We ask you to participate and also spread your love of Parkside by encouraging friends and family to donate.
Double Your Donation!
We will receive a generous match grant from a beloved member of our community. That means for every dollar you give, they will match it, increasing the impact of everyone’s donation! Our goal is $30,000, but with this match grant we can raise $60,000 or even more! So dig deep and give what you can. Every dollar counts!
Parkside Power Hour – Wednesday, March 9, 11am – 12pm
Amplify Austin provides many incentives during the giving period. Each hour they give $1,000 to the organization that raises the most dollars in that hour. They also give $1,000 to the organization that has the most unique donors in each hour. Join us in the Parkside Power Hour, Wednesday, March 9, 11am-12pm. Making your donation during Parkside’s Power Hour could result in Parkside winning an extra $2,000!
How do I make my Amplify Austin donation?
There are 2 ways to participate:
- Donate online between 6pm on March 8 – 6pm on March 9! Let’s see how much can be raised for Parkside in a 24-hour window! We will bombard you with reminders and links so don’t worry!
- Set it and Forget it! You can schedule a gift anytime between now and March 8. Amplify will run your card during Amplify Austin for you, this way you don’t have to worry about remembering. Schedule your donation now!
Here’s how to schedule your donation today:
- Go to Parkside’s profile at amplifyatx.org/parksidecommunityschool
- Click “Donate Now” at the top of the page and you will be taken to the donation cart.
- Fill in your donation amount.
- Check the “Schedule for Amplify Austin Day” box on the donation form. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP! If this is not selected, the donation will run immediately and will not count towards Amplify Austin Day.
- Complete the form and click “Add to Cart.”
- You will be asked to create an account or login. Creating an account allows you track your donations, print receipts, save payment information and is required for scheduling donations. It is also required if you want to set up a fundraiser page on Parkside’s behalf. (You are not required to have an account to simply donate in real time on March 5-6.)
- Proceed to checkout and you’ll receive a confirmation that your donation is scheduled to run on March 8, 2016 as part of Amplify Austin Day.
Thank you for helping Parkside ensure broad access to our wonderful programs, and so that we may share the gifts of this special school with others!
Email or call (512-472-2559) with any questions. We are happy to help!